Sunday, April 1, 2012

Another Day

*Carpe Diem poem

Another Day

Another beginning, another breath, another chance, another day
Another day to live, another day to make.
Another day of my own creation, from the moment I wake
Your daily life is yours to enter and take in as you choose

I’ve had too many days I decided to lose
Lost out on hours that were given, to be present and together
Too many days I closed my curtains to sunny, warm weather
I just curled into myself and let self-loathing consume
I trapped myself in darkness, alone and desperate in my room
I have spoken, screamed words that “Life isn’t fair”
“That even if I wasn’t around, nobody would care”

I’ve let myself cry until my eyes swell,
I let myself bleed in loneliness; I made my own home hell
It’s a miracle to see how I made it through
But I had to change up the things I’d think, say and do
I had to let myself be loved, by friends and family
And then take the time and space to teach myself to love me
And with it I’ve learned happiness is a constant
If you want it

One happening always leads to the next
You have to believe that even difficult moments have positive effects
Its not that I accept things as they are or that I pretend not to hurt
It’s that I understand-I determine each moment I live for -what its worth.
The patience I practice helps me through
Compassion to self and always being true

And with sadness and pain, I know joy will still be
It took a lot of struggle and survival for me to wake up and see
That in this life I choose for myself Bad days don’t have to exist
Bad moments happen, but when days end I take the time to list
The thanks I have for all I am given

I give thanks for one more day God gives me to live in
Love, and Happiness and Health, a warm bed,
Running water, a fridge full of food and a roof over my head
A job that fulfills my heart
Time to nurture my art
I give thanks for the friendships that have been my answered needs
And for my family living another day to see me grow and succeed

Each day I am present in new experiences and I see where I’ve been
Each day I move forward and feel beautiful in my own skin
Each day I am better and each day I grow
Each day I am more me than I used to know

Another beginning, another breath, another chance, another day
Another day to live, another day to make.
Another day of my own creation, from the moment I wake

No comments: