Friday, April 20, 2012

Facebook Friends

*Friendships

Facebook Friends

With a click of a button
Friendship means that
You add me
Like my status
Share my post
Check my notes
Maybe attend the events I host
Because I cant expect
You will or won’t show
And at the end of the day
You probably won’t go
How do you know her?
We worked together
We attended the same school
We have 7 mutual friends
I thought her profile picture was cool
And when we see each other
Face to face
In person
In real life
We feel disconnected
Its not really expected
That we will interact
Past news feeds, most popular, most recent
And speaking through comments
And message box chats
Its not a surprise to me that
What we know of each other is ideal
Because on our walls and timelines
We can omit what we feel
We don’t want you to know
We can restrict what we show
Make two profiles
One to keep our lives on the low
I have to take a step back
I have to retrace and track
When it was that we lost touch,
To what it means to keep in touch
We forgot that friendship means so much
More than numbers
1,297 friends and counting
But only counting
A handful as the ones who
When I see, I can hold in embrace
Those are the friends I hold true to
Who know me beyond a face

No comments: