Saturday, April 21, 2012

In Reflection of a Best Friend's Wedding

*In reflection of a best friend's wedding

In Reflection of a Best Friend's Wedding

As I sit in awe
At this union of two people
Who I have seen live love
Past friendship and lust
In faith, and trust that
Fate brought them to this moment
Together
Two people
Two spirits
Two hearts
I find myself wanting with teary eyes
My own moment like this and I
Wonder where this longing
Of beloved belonging
Began from
Is it in our nature and instinct
Is it feeling or something we are thought to think
Is it learned or are we really beings
Of love in this way, where we are meant to be
Meant to find
Meant to grow in union with one
for the rest of our lives?
Even despite titles of husbands and wives
Are we drawn to one another
Without the language of lovers
If we had no known word to express
Is it in our animal being
To be in love like this
I confuse my self
Of union's truth
Am I supposed to want to give
possession of my heart to another
And allow the take
Without exchange
Of what beats life through me?
To him
To someone, if I think he is
The One
I don't know, but I know what I feel
In this moment
Seeing my best friend take a vow
On marriage's path
That I want with all my heart
What those two have

No comments: